Does the medicine albuterol for asthma have steroids?

Albuterol. Albuterol is a type of beta-agonist. It acts by activating beta receptors in lungs which results in dilation and easier breathing. It can also speed up the heart rate because of its beta receptor effects. It has no steroidal activity. However, both bronchodilators and steroids are used in treatment of asthma.
No. Albuterol has no steroids in it. Albuterol is a medicine that is used to relax the smooth muscle that surrounds the bronchial airways so to temporarily open them up so the patient can breath easier. Albuterol is for "rescue" only not maintenance (keeping inflammation down in he lungs). Maintenance medicines are steroids.