Child asthma vs. Adult asthma or do you get both?

Dr. Lee Perry
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Depends
Most children with asthma still have asthma as adults, although the severity of asthma can change over time.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Lee Perry
Dr. Lee Perry
In brief: Label confusion
Many of those who wheeze during a variety of illnesses as infants and young kids grow out of this by school age (about 60%).
They may be labeled as having asthma but I don't call this asthma. There are kids with true asthma that will show by 1yo in males & 4 in most females.They will have the tendency to have adult asthma. However, asthma is quite variable in intensity so label confusion is common

In brief: Label confusion
Dr. Jonathan Jassey