What kind of food can I eat the day before my colonoscopy procedure?

Dr. Ronald Kline
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Liquids

No solid or soft foods ar allowed on the day of the prep.
Any liquid that you can see through (clear liquids) is allowed--tea, black coffee, water, juces without pulp, broths, popsicles, hard candy (ie, jolly ranchers). Avoid any red colored fluids as they may give the tissue a bloody appearance and can be confusing.

In brief: Liquids

Dr. Ronald Kline
Dr. Ronald Kline
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Your endoscopist

Should have given you instructions for your prep the day before your colonoscopy.
In general you need to be on a clear liquid diet for 24 hours prior to your colonoscopy. Clear liquids is any thing you can see thru with the restriction of no red food products such as red jello or popsicles. Try to drink at least 60-80 oz of fluids during your prep day.

In brief: Your endoscopist

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Steven Seres