What is the difference between a neurosurgeon and an orthopedic surgeon when dealing with back pain?

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management
In brief: Very little
I would choose based on the statistics of the individual surgeon rather than on the speciality.

In brief: Very little
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery
In brief: Both are ok
Both neurosurgeons and fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeons treat spinal disorders.
It is worth your time to learn about your surgeon before considering surgery. Hopefully, your primary care doctor can help to point you in the right direction. The most important thing to do is to make sure that the surgeon you choose has expertise in treating your problem. Neuro also does brain surgery.

In brief: Both are ok
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Eric Weisman