Are you happy with your career choice as an orthopedic surgeon?

Contentment. I am extremely happy with my career choice as an orthopedic surgeon. Most of the time the work we do as a quick reward of patient satisfaction. I have been in practice for 27 yrs and enjoy it more then ever even with all the politics surrounding healthcare. I cannot see myself doing anything else and plan on working as long as I am healthy.
Yes. Dynamic, fun, each day is a little different. The chance to reconstruct knees, hips, shoulders, and ankles for patients and their families makes this the most gratifying field of medicine. Office practice and wellness management also help build the relationships with parents and their families.
Very much so. It's a very rewarding feeling to be able to put people back together again. You touch so many lives it's amazing how great you feel. I would recommend it to anyone interested in orthopedics to go for it.