What evaluation should I have for musculoskeletal problems in my hand?

Orthopaedic hand doc. You are best served seeing a hand specialist for this problem. Hand surgeons may have general, orthopaedic or plastic surgery training. I recommend that you find a board certified hand surgeon with a certificate of additional qualification (caq) in hand surgery. If your hand surgeon is also an orthopaedic surgeon, it's an added bonus. Of course, I am biased!