If I am practicing a high protein diet will this slow muscle atrophy while I am temporarily bedridder?

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics
In brief: Not as much help
Hi, while it is important to have a balaced diet with a bit more protein than usual, it will not really stop muscle atrophy.
You need to use as much muscle as possible preferably weight bearing.I would need to know more about the degree of temporary disablity that you will have. Is is possible to use your upper or lower body muscles? That would help.Physical therapy even passive would benefit you.

In brief: Not as much help
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich