What are the differences between frcp and mrcp?

Dr. Enrique Molina
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Ercp vs mrcp

ercp is an special endoscopy to look at the bile ducts of the liver (it is a procedure) and potentially manipulate and treat any disease there.
mrcp is an MRI (imaging study from radiology) to look at the bile ducts.

In brief: Ercp vs mrcp

Dr. Enrique Molina
Dr. Enrique Molina
Dr. Carl Decker
Radiology

In brief: Fluoroscopy vs MRI

I am assuming frcp and ERCP are the same.
These stand for fluoroscopic/endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography and allow for the evaluation of the pancreatic and common bile ducts. If necessary a stent can be placed during this procedure, biopsy perfromed or stones removed. Mrcp is the MRI equivalent and allows for diagnosis of ductal abnormalities without the ability to treat.

In brief: Fluoroscopy vs MRI

Dr. Carl Decker
Dr. Carl Decker