Is the manipulation under anesthesia procedure safe if I have breast implants?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Manip breasts/joint?

The answer depends on what is beng manipulated.
If the surgeon is doing a closed capsulotomy, this may produce implant rupture. If manipulation of the a joint is going to be conisdered, then it too should have liitle effect on the implant.

In brief: Manip breasts/joint?

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: What kind?

The answer is likely yes regardless.
Look here for a great review of chiropractic mua: http://www.Bartosekchiro.Com/mua.Html.

In brief: What kind?

The answer is likely yes regardless.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Frederick Coville
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Should be

Manipulation under anesthesia should not involve manipulation of your breasts.
However, if a great deal of work is to be done on your shoulders, it possibly can rotate an anatomically-shaped implant. I have seen this happen in very athletic patients. Make sure your physician understands the fact that you have implants.

In brief: Should be

Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

Breast implants are usually not a consideration during anesthesia unless you need to be placed in a prone (face down) position, in which case care has to be taken with padding pressure points.

Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Vikram Patel