What is meant by manipulation under anesthesia?

Dislocations. Manipulation of dislocated body parts, i.E, . Fractures, etc, and/or joints is often performed under sedation and/or general anesthesia when the procedure may not be tolerated as well under local anesthesia alone.
MUA. Mua means you are put to sleep and a physician manipulates that body part - typically done for shoulders, knees and hips. Chiropractors do this for the spine.
See below. The use of spinal manipulation under anesthesia ids done by chiropractors. It has not been verified by independent studies. I would check the MRI or ct used to make this decision with an md before proceeding.
Orthopedics. This term refers primarily any diagnostic procedure that may cause pain. For example in orthopedic procedures where there is manipulation of a fracture or dislocated joint. There is pain associated with these maneuvers hence the need for anesthesia.