What kind of knee brace is good to prevent a sports knee injury?

None. There are no proven braces that help prevent knee injuries. However, we feel that a hinged knee brace may offer some support for the knee. Hinged knee braces can be found at most sporting goods stores.
No brace. Unless you are playing the position of a football lineman, the knee brace is not generally found to have an large affect on knee injuries. In linemen, the carbon fiber braces prevent mcl injuries by spreading the load across the thigh and leg. Most other athletes actually get a quadriceps inhibition from use of the braces and in some cases can facilitate an injury.