I am really scared about my upcoming hip arthroscopy. Any advice?

Dr. Kenneth Tepper
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Relax

It is not uncommon to be anxious about an upcoming surgery.
Hip arthroscopy is performed through very small incisions, and the postoperative pain typically improves rapidly over a few days.

In brief: Relax

Dr. Kenneth Tepper
Dr. Kenneth Tepper
Dr. Charles Toman
Sports Medicine

In brief: Don't worry 2 much

As long as you are dealing with a surgeon who is experienced with hip arthroscopy you will be fine.
Most of my hip scope patients are pleasantly surprised by the relatively minimal pain and the speed with which they recover.

In brief: Don't worry 2 much

Dr. Charles Toman
Dr. Charles Toman
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Talk to hip scope pt

Anxious patients are often helped most by talking with someone else that has gone through a similar experience.
Rest assured that your surgeon and the professional team supporting the surgeon are all interested in you having a positive experience with your hip arthroscopy.

In brief: Talk to hip scope pt

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino