How do you diagnose bilateral facet arthropathy?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Facet Arthropathy

These are joints in the spine where the bones articulate and can develop bone spurs and cause the clicking with pain typically with extension.
I would consider seeing a pain/spine specialist to see if facet injections or radio frequency ablation would be helpful for you.

In brief: Facet Arthropathy

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Evaluation

Usually the history and exam will help make the diagnosis.
If the pain persists in spite of treatment, imaging may reveal some facet changes but does not necessarily confirm the pain is arising from these joints. A facet block can help to establish this diagnosis.

In brief: Evaluation

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Clive Segil
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: See me

After a carefull history and complete examination and regular xrays.

In brief: See me

Dr. Clive Segil
Dr. Clive Segil
Dr. Andrea Brand