How to treat an ACL injury at home before seeing the doctor?

Usual stuff. Most acute knee injuries are treated best by ice, elevation and wrapping the knee. You might want to use crutches to support the knee while you are walking. I am ok beginning simple exercise that promote motion but do not do anything painful. Over the counter anti-inflammatory medications may help reduce swelling and discomfort. My goals are selling reduction, maintaining motion.
Ice. Ice your knee for 20 minutes at a time, 3-4 times per day. Take an over the counter anti-inflammatory medication, to help with swelling.