What is the best way to rehab a knee after a MCL injury?

Physical therapy. You should be evaluated by a Physical Therapist or Athletic Trainer, for a program best suited to your knee injury.
Several. First what is the severity? Step one after injury is ice, elevation and compression. Crutches may be necessary if your a limping. Next, obtain pain free range of motion. Progressive strengthening follows with closed chain exercises and open chain. Once your strength is 80% of the normal side you can begin jogging then a running progression. How long it takes to get back depends on the severity.