How can I maximize my chance of an effective bowel preparation for my upcoming colonoscopy?

Dr. Jeffrey Crespin
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Split prep

There are at least a dozen colonoscopy preps.
However, the most effective prep is taken both the night before and the morning of the exam. Also, it is important to drink as much clear liquids as possible the 24 hours before colonoscopy. Avoid sugary drinks which draws water back into the blood stream from the colon.

In brief: Split prep

Dr. Jeffrey Crespin
Dr. Jeffrey Crespin
Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: Miralax (polyethylene glycol)

Prep kit- quit gentle and very effective- not even bad tasting- certainly does the job.

In brief: Miralax (polyethylene glycol)

Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Follow the

Instructions given to you by your doctor to the letter. No variation.
If you tend toward constipation normally 2 days of clear liquids followed by the mechanical prep provided should do the trick.

In brief: Follow the

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan