Are there certain medications I should stop taking before my colonoscopy?

Dr. Scott Browning
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Possibly
In general, we will want you to continue taking all of your usual medications prior to your colonoscopy, even the morning of the procedure.
However, some medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin, anti-platelet agents and warfarin will increase the risk if bleeding if polyps are removed. Depending why you are taking any of these medications, your endoscopist may want you to stop them.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Scott Browning
Dr. Scott Browning
Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Yes.
There are meds that need to be stopped, others that need their doses reduced and others to be continued.
It is important to review all meds (prescription and otc) with your md.

In brief: Yes.
Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Dr. Vivek Huilgol