What are the signs to watch for that the tissue caught in a 4 CM hernia should I watch for while working on the weight?

INCARCERATION(!).... ...Is the term we use to describe something from within the abdominal cavity getting stuck in the hernia. If it happens to be intestine, the blood supply can be cut off, requiring emergency surgery--we call that a "strangulated" hernia. Signs of this include an abrupt increase in the hernia size, marked tenderness over the hernia, abdominal distention, vomiting, and constipation.
Pain. Severe pain, that doesn't improve in a very short period of time is the initial warning sign. Nausea, and vomiting can ensue and are signs of worsening problems that demand emergent care.
Pain and nausea . Best to get the hernia repaired. Small hernias are the most dangerous.