I was diagnosed with pityriasis rosea prescribed ointment, soothes the itching but I am starting to think I may have scabies. Difference & possibility?

Pityriasis rosea. Piryiasis rosea has a rather typical presentation, it is presented as a skin rash which start as a single (herald patch)which follows in 1 to 2 weeks as generalised body rash lasting about six weeks and usually no treatment is needed, but steroids give relief of itching symptoms and improve the appearance of the rash scabies is an infection due to mite and causes intense ithing all over the body.
Pityriasis ? scabies. Pityriasis is rash thought to be caused by virus; can itch. Usual treatment is steroid cream & lubricant cream to soothe irritation. Can also take otc antihistamine like Benadryl (diphenhydramine) or zyrtec to calm itch. Scabies is parasite, usually seen a reddish, short burrows between fingers but may spread to other areas. Very itchy. Treatment is rx scabicide cream. Try zyrtec; if not better, see doc again.