I keep getting a bile taste in theback of my throat now evety night. Why? I'm a teenager and I seem to always look too far into my healyh...Am i?

Dr. Malaika Witter Hewitt
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Reflux (LPR)
You may have acidic regurgitation into your throat, known as laryngopharyngeal reflux (lpr).
This can affect young people, and mostly the causes are dietary in nature. You should review your diet and make sure you limit the amount of caffeine, chocolate, peppermint, spicy foods, tomato, citrus, peanutbutter, and alcohol. Also tobacco smoking worsens reflux.

In brief: Reflux (LPR)
Dr. Malaika Witter Hewitt
Dr. Malaika Witter Hewitt
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
In brief: Reflux,heartburn
The most common cause of a bike sate at night is astro-esophageal reflux disease (gerd).
It is caused by acid in the stomach coming through a muscular "door" (sphincter) and coming all the way up to the back of the throat. It can also cause heartburn. Caffeine and nicotine make it worse, and obesity can aggravate it.Don't eat/drink before bed, elevate head of bed, eat smaller amounts can help.

In brief: Reflux,heartburn
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Jonathan Jassey