This is my first and last time taking Depo-Provera provera (medroxyprogesterone) how long will it take for the side affects and the bleeding to go away l?

Dr. Thomas Rohde
General Practice
In brief: Variable
Depo lasts longer than the 3 month injection schedule - it may take another 1-3 months for the effects to completely resolve.
Sometimes adding in a small amount of estrogen can help "balance" the synthetic progestin only effects and make things more rapid/tolerable. Good luck.

In brief: Variable
Dr. Thomas Rohde
Dr. Thomas Rohde
Dr. Mareeni Stanislaus
In brief: Variable
Most of the time the side effects wear off on three months, but I have seen a few cases in which it took a year. See your doctor for options to clear up the side effects sooner--estrogen therapy can help.

In brief: Variable
Dr. Mareeni Stanislaus
Dr. Mareeni Stanislaus
Dr. Adam Levy