If I limit caffeine intake can I still drink coffee while pregnant and it not hurt the baby?

Dr. Byron Hapner

In brief: In moderation

Caffeine intake of 200 mg or less per day is thought to be reasonable.
A cup of tea or soda has about 50 mg, but a cup of coffee can range from 100 to 200 mg depending on the brand and brew.

In brief: In moderation

Dr. Byron Hapner
Dr. Byron Hapner
Dr. Arthur Ollendorff

In brief: Caffeine & Pregnancy

There is a great deal of conflicting information about the safety of caffeine in early pregnancy.
While it is always safe to avoid any exposure in pregnancy it appears that small amounts of caffeine intake (1-2 caffeinated beverages per day) poses very little to no risk.

In brief: Caffeine & Pregnancy

Dr. Arthur Ollendorff
Dr. Arthur Ollendorff
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham