What are effective treatments for gastroparesis?

Erythromycin. I am sure you have consulted GI at this point if you know the word gastroparesis, and please follow their advise. Erythromycin is an antibiotic that has prokinetic properties, meaning it causes food to move forward in the GI tract. In the past Reglan (metoclopramide) used to be prescribed a lot, however due to possible non-reversible neurologic side effects more and more doctors are not using it for long term.
Gastoparesis Rx. Diet: avoid roast beef, stringy foods (celery, asparagus, cabbage etc.) careful use of rotating medications and never daily. I alternate Erythromycin and metoclopramide, using each for 2-3 days per 2-week period, ie med for 2-3 days, then none, then the other for 2-3 days, then none etc. Optimizing diabetes management and excluding correctable causes (eg thyroid replacement) also important...