I like to run my fingers through my hair and put any loose strands in my mouth. What is that about?

In brief: Nervousness?

You might not need to be too concerned but if this behavior continues you should seek professional help.
A chronic pulling hair out and eating it called trichiphagy can lead to serious problems. Consult with your physician for steps to take.

In brief: Nervousness?

Dr. Oswald Cameron-Morales
Dr. Oswald Cameron-Morales
Dr. Stephen Camacho

In brief: Hair eating

Putting your hair in your mouth isn't actually a bad thing except being a bit unhygienic unless you are actually eating your hair which is called trichophagia.
This can create a hair ball in your stomach called a trichobezoar. This hair all can actually obstruct your intestines.

In brief: Hair eating

Dr. Stephen Camacho
Dr. Stephen Camacho
Dr. Vicken Poochikian