How can I treat a sore throat during pregnancy?

Hard candy. Sucking on hard candy can sooth a sore throat with no risk. Also salt water gargles can help. If soreness is due to reflux Tums (calcium carbonate) can help. If pain is severe see doctor to make sure there is no infection.
Topical/oral meds. In pregnancy: topical meds are probably the safest meds (e.g. Otc chloraseptic). Next is oral tylenol (acetaminophen) (acetominophen) 500-650mg every 6 hours. If any signs of strep throat (fever, body aches, swollen glands) then you should get seen and penicillin or Amoxicillin can be be used safely in pregnancy. Hope you are better soon!