My dad had stroke since 1995. He is now double hemiplegia. Why is his pulse is around 60 averagely? Is it dangerous? He only lies on his bed everyday

Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Meds
I suspect it is due to his medications, but could be due to his neurological damage.
In a healthy person that is a good pulse rate.

In brief: Meds
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Dr. Edward Smith
Neurology
In brief: 60 is not so bad
Considering the fact that your dad has double hemiplegia, he is therefore severely disabled and incapable of significant aerobic exercises which could increase pulse rate and enhance cardiac fitness.
The one worry, assuming heart rate is regular, is insufficient blood flow to the brain if he were to rapidly go from recumbent or sitting to upright.

In brief: 60 is not so bad
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Peter Kurzweil