What happens if your hymen or vaginal opening rips or tears and then bleeds when having first time sex?

Dr. Jumnah Thanapathy

In brief: Heals itself

The mucosa or "skin" of the vagina usually heals itself along the edges of the tear. Rarely the tear may continue to bleed and may need stitches.
I must stress that this is extremely rare.

In brief: Heals itself

Dr. Jumnah Thanapathy
Dr. Jumnah Thanapathy
Dr. Rifat Naghmi

In brief: Vaginal bleeding

It resolves of its own.

In brief: Vaginal bleeding

It resolves of its own.
Dr. Rifat Naghmi
Dr. Rifat Naghmi
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: You end virginity!

This is often what happens.
You may have pain and irritation for a few days and may need to wear a pad and may need to sit in a tub of cool or warm water and may need to use some vaginal topicals. If there is concern, you may need to see your pcp or gyn but otherwise, this should be self limiting. Use caution, lubricaiton, gentleness with insertion of the penis and slow down and take it easy.

In brief: You end virginity!

This is often what happens.
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Jane Van Dis