What happens if your hymen or vaginal opening rips or tears and then bleeds when having first time sex?

Dr. Jumnah Thanapathy
In brief: Heals itself
The mucosa or "skin" of the vagina usually heals itself along the edges of the tear. Rarely the tear may continue to bleed and may need stitches.
I must stress that this is extremely rare.

In brief: Heals itself
Dr. Jumnah Thanapathy
Dr. Jumnah Thanapathy
Dr. Rifat Naghmi
In brief: Vaginal bleeding
It resolves of its own.

In brief: Vaginal bleeding
It resolves of its own.
Dr. Rifat Naghmi
Dr. Rifat Naghmi
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: You end virginity!
This is often what happens.
You may have pain and irritation for a few days and may need to wear a pad and may need to sit in a tub of cool or warm water and may need to use some vaginal topicals. If there is concern, you may need to see your pcp or gyn but otherwise, this should be self limiting. Use caution, lubricaiton, gentleness with insertion of the penis and slow down and take it easy.

In brief: You end virginity!
This is often what happens.
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Adam Levy