How would I know if my 2 year old has an enlarged spleen ?

In brief: MD exam

The spleen lives under the right rib cage.
If enlarged it will protrude below the rib cage on the right. An md can palpate for the spleen tip. Enlargement of spleen can occur in children with mono, with sickle cell splenic crisis, and other bld problems. However, a 2 year old with enlarged spleen should have ultrasound to rule out wilms tumor of kidney that can be mistaken for enlarged spleen.

In brief: MD exam

Dr. Tammi Schlichtemeier
Dr. Tammi Schlichtemeier
Dr. Mandakini Patel

In brief: Enlarged spleen 2yr

In a 2 yar old htey usually have protuberant abdomen.
I would be concerned about the fact taht you think your child might have an enklarged spleen. If you are cocnerned please see your peditrician asap as if it is enlarged, you could have a serious condition on hand.

In brief: Enlarged spleen 2yr

Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Tom Harrington

In brief: Splenomegaly

Your pediatrician should be able to tell by a physical examination of the abdomen.

In brief: Splenomegaly

Dr. Tom Harrington
Dr. Tom Harrington
Dr. Shontae Buffington