How would I know if my 2 year old has an enlarged spleen ?

In brief: MD exam
The spleen lives under the right rib cage.
If enlarged it will protrude below the rib cage on the right. An md can palpate for the spleen tip. Enlargement of spleen can occur in children with mono, with sickle cell splenic crisis, and other bld problems. However, a 2 year old with enlarged spleen should have ultrasound to rule out wilms tumor of kidney that can be mistaken for enlarged spleen.

In brief: MD exam
Dr. Tammi Schlichtemeier
Dr. Tammi Schlichtemeier
Dr. Mandakini Patel
In brief: Enlarged spleen 2yr
In a 2 yar old htey usually have protuberant abdomen.
I would be concerned about the fact taht you think your child might have an enklarged spleen. If you are cocnerned please see your peditrician asap as if it is enlarged, you could have a serious condition on hand.

In brief: Enlarged spleen 2yr
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Tom Harrington
In brief: Splenomegaly
Your pediatrician should be able to tell by a physical examination of the abdomen.

In brief: Splenomegaly
Dr. Tom Harrington
Dr. Tom Harrington
Dr. Jonathan Jassey