Why is my period later than normal and why is my menstrual cycle so sporadic?

Dr. Nika Ferdowsi

In brief: See a Doctor

There maybe some hormonal imbalance going on which some lab tests can help determine.
Also, stress and any changes in diet or lifestyle can affect menstrual cycles. There is something called polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) that can lead to sporadic menses. See an obgyn so that they can run labs, possible imaging, and take a thorough history and physical to help figure this out.

In brief: See a Doctor

Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Great answer. I agree with Dr Ferdowsi.
Dr. Scott Roseff
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Many causes

There are several possible causes of irregular menstrual cycles, and it's imperative to get to the root of your hormone imbalance(s).
Some of these are associated with increased risk of health problems. Get tested and then properly treated.

In brief: Many causes

Dr. Scott Roseff
Dr. Scott Roseff
Dr. Adam Levy