Why do I get sore and depressed after drinking alcohol?

I don't know. It's clinical lore that alcohol causes depressive disorders. There is no evidence in the literature to support this. Alcohol is a CNS depressant, which is entirely different than saying a substance causes depressed mood. There are substances that have potential to cause depression (interferon), but alcohol isn't one of them. However, alcohol *intoxication* can cause mood lability (incl depression).
Alcohol. One of oldest sedative, alcohol can compromise your immune system & depressed your cognitive-affective systems, leading, among many others, to such effects.