What are the survivor rates for stage 4 colon cancer?

Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Relatively low

If resectable, survival is about 25% at 5 years.
Even if unresectable, I have many patients who are alive years after diagnosis with the use of chemo and avastin (bevacizumab).

In brief: Relatively low

Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Very low.

Unfortunately survival rates for any solid tumor which is stage 4 are very poor. For colon cancer survival rates longer than 5 years occur only approximately 5% of the time.
The median survival for stage 4 colon cancer is ~2 years. For some with limited liver disease the rates may be significantly greater (25%). Remember these are statistics and individuals may do better or worse.

In brief: Very low.

Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery