What are the consequences of forgetting diabetic / high blood pressure meds?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: POSSIBLY SERIOUS
'forgetting' to take your blood pressure pills for even 1 day may cause a rapid rise in blood pressure causing a stroke or precipitating angina.
I have admitted patients to the hospital for such a problem. Also missing diabetes meds or Insulin can cause severe hyperglycemia in a short period of time causing DKA (acid in blood) or coma (hyperosmolar syndrome). Please don't skip meds!

In brief: POSSIBLY SERIOUS
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Irv Loh
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Depends
If short term, not much.
If long term or frequently, it may contribute to vascular disease, stroke, kidney disease, heart failure. Don't forget to take the medications and make the BP is under adequate control.

In brief: Depends
If short term, not much.
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Steven Seres