Is Lexapro (escitalopram) more effective for anxiety if I take it in the morning before I start my day?

Dr. Steven Reidbord

In brief: No

Ssris such as Lexapro (escitalopram) don't help depression or anxiety on a per-dose basis, but only by taking them consistently for several weeks or more.
The time of day it is taken has no effect on how well it works. However, timing the dose may matter for side-effects. Eg, sedating meds are best taken at bedtime, activating ones in the morning. Lexapro (escitalopram) is in-between. I usually advise morning dosing.

In brief: No

Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Eric Weisman