Is it dangerous to take Zoloft (sertraline) if you are allergic to sulfa drugs?

Dr. Robert Woods
In brief: It Is Safe
Zoloft (sertraline) does not contain any sulfa in its tablets.
There are generic versions of zoloft and they are also sulfa free. Zoloft is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor medication that has been approved by the fda for the following conditions: major depressive disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, social phobia, post-traumatic stress disorder, premenstual dysphoric disorder.

In brief: It Is Safe
Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Kevin Nasky
In brief: No
Sertraline (zoloft) is not a sulfa drug, and I am not aware any allergic cross-reactivity between the two.

In brief: No
Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Eric Weisman