If I use two diffrent neosporin ointments will that affect a scar or wound that I apply it to?

Dr. Steven Harris
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Be careful!

I am not a fan as it is well-known that 20% of patients who use neosporin regularly will become allergic to it! applying any of these products to a scar is useless and there are safer products to use on wounds (polysporin (bacitracin and polymyxin) or bacitracin, for example).
I really can't think of any reason one would want to apply 2 of these products at once, unless you want an itchy red rash!

In brief: Be careful!

Dr. Steven Harris
Dr. Steven Harris
Dr. Frederick Coville
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No

Neosporin ointments by different companies are essentially the same and will not have any difference in healing or scarring.
Neosporin is not a treatment for scars, it is an antibiotic to help prevent infection.

In brief: No

Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Frederick Coville