If hodgkins lymphoma was present would the blood count be abnormal?

Probably not. Lymphoma, unlike leukemia, takes a while to involve the bone marrow and/or peripheral blood, therefore the blood count is frequently normal, especially early in the disease.
Peripheral Blood. Counts and under microscope, is not very helpful in giving clues about hodgkin's disease. Wbc can be high or normal, ditto for platelets. Hd is about bulk in nodal stations, systemic symptoms (fever, weight loss sweats), and then imaging. The treatment is chemo; lower dose, lower geogragaphic volume of radiotherapy if bulky.
Not necessarily. In early stages of disease the blood count will likely be normal. However if the disease infiltrates the bone marrow (stage 4) the blood count may become abnormal with development of anemia and or low platelet count and rarely the white blood cell count will become lower. A presenting symptom for lymphoma are enlarged lymph nodes which may get bigger and smaller over time. Diagnosis via biopsy.