I have ankylosing spondilitis and starting to get hump, what can I do?

Dr. Pierre Moeser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Verify

Verify that it is ankylosing spondylitis (as) and not compression fractures, poor posture or another condition causing the hump.
The treatment would differ. If it is as, physical therapy, exercises, and newer rx such as the biological agents may prevent deformity.

In brief: Verify

Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Will Moorehead
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Exercise

This means that your signs are increasing .
You need to talk to your treating doctor to begin physical therapy to help in improvement of posture, along with bracing, & flexibility exercises. Yoga may be beneficial

In brief: Exercise

Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Eric Weisman