I had gallbladder surgery and 3 months later ventral hernia surgery, but why after 4 weeks am I still sick and in a lot of pain?

In brief: Hard to answer.

The reason you could be sick and still in a lot of pain could be due to any number of reasons, some related to the surgeries and some not.
The differential for vague symptoms of "sick" and "pain" is wide, and unfortunately can't be answered simply here. You could be having a complication of surgery, or you could be having a new or separate process going on. Return to your surgeon for work-up.

In brief: Hard to answer.

Dr. Vineet Choudhry
Dr. Vineet Choudhry

In brief: May need time

To heal , and see your surgeon.

In brief: May need time

To heal , and see your surgeon.
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery