How can you deal with insomnia while taking tamiflu (oseltamivir)?

Dr. Kevin Nasky

In brief: Sleep medication

Insomnia is a known side effect of oseltamivir (tamiflu).
If prescribed for flu, the treatment is five days, though those receiving prophylactic oseltamivir treatment may receive the medication for weeks. My recommendation: talk to your doctor about sleep medication options to treat this side effect (especially as there are no real alternatives to a unique medication like oseltamivir).

In brief: Sleep medication

Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. TRUC DAO

In brief: Tamiflu (oseltamivir) insomnia

You may have the flu which disturb your sleep? Congestion prevents sleep and Benadryl (diphenhydramine) can relieve it very efficiently while helping you sleep.
It is the component of tylenol-pm. If you have a sleep problem before taking tamiflu, it is another problem.

Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. Peter Kurzweil