How can I remove the skin discoloration above my upper lip?

Dr. Norman Levine
Dermatology
In brief: Skin discoloration
You probably have a condition called melasma, which is sometimes associated with pregnancy and birth control pills.
Regardless of the cause, there is no great way to treat this chronic problem. You might try a product containing hydroquinone which is modestly effective in causing the skin to become lighter. It may take months of therapy. Sunlight makes this worse, so use sunscreens.

In brief: Skin discoloration
Dr. Norman Levine
Dr. Norman Levine
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry
In brief: Depends on the cause
There are many things that may cause discoloration of the skin.
Several types of inflammatory conditions of the skin, allergic sun exposure, bacterial, viral or fungal infections, insect bites, friction, and cancer can all cause discoloration of the skin. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.

In brief: Depends on the cause
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat