How can I relieve pain in my back left molar when I bite down?

Dr. Francine Yep

In brief: Short term relief

Brief relief with over the counter Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen but if it hurts when you bite down, time to talk with your dentist about your unhappy molar [possible cavity or worse.
..]. Hope you're feeling better soon.

In brief: Short term relief

..]. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry

In brief: See a Dentist

There are three main causes of biting pain in a molar: cavity, infection, or bite problem. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can personally do to correct these problems.
Obviously, a soft diet and avoiding pressure on that tooth is a common sense approach to keeping you comfortable. But, that won't fix the problem. You really need to see a dentist before this issue gets worse and more costly.

In brief: See a Dentist

Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine