How can I get relief from plantar fascitis?

A few things. Make sure your shoes have good cushion and support and are not excessively worn. If so, replace them. You might want to try over-the-counter arch supports. Doing runners stretches consistently can be a big help. You can also try over-the-counter antiinflammatories. If not improved, see a podiatrist who can offer prescribed medicine, physical therapy, injections, foot orthoses. Surgery is rare.
Ice. Stretching ,arch supports, antiinflammatory all to name a few.
Combo treatment. . If you have plantar fasciitis, and hurt most with the first few steps in the morning, the more you can do together, the better: #1: supportive shoes. #2: firm inserts or orthotics. #3: oral antiinflammatories (check with your doctor). #4: stretching your foot and calf. #5: icing (10 min at a time). You may also need physical therapy or cortisone injections or eswt if available in your area.
Stretching and rest. Plantar fascitis is an overuse injury of the plantar fascia. Arch supports/orthotics are very effective. Avoid flat shoes, flip flops sandals. Avoid barefoot or unshod walking. See a podiatrist for detailed treatment options. If he/she suggests surgery right away, see someone else.
Treatment options. Begin with rest, ice massage, otc anti-inflammatories, & stretching the foot/ heel throughout the day. Make sure you are wearing shoes with an appropriate amount of support... Consider shoe inserts (arch support), and wearing night splints... Prp or steriod injections may be considered after the above options. For more info: http://drmarkgalland.Com/category/foot-ankle/.
Try these things. Ice packs, orthotics/arch supports, foot stretching, elevating feet, ball rolling under your foot for a gentle massage.

Related Questions

How can I get relief from a plantar fascitis?

Try wearing. An arch support, night splints are helpful to get rid of morning pain, a frozen water bottle (16 oz Poland spring) rolled under your foot while sitting, Achilles' tendon stretches, oral antiinflammatories like alleve if not contraindicated, if pain is severe see local foot doctor who may decide to inject some steroid. Read more...