Does oxytocin help with autism?

Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: It's promising

Oxytocin has potentially beneficial effects that are causing us to work further on assessing its value.
There is enough info to suggest it plays a role in helping people "bond"/relate & also in decreasing anxiety. I've just begun using it with specific fda authorization in our autistic patients. We'll have more info soon. Limitations include short half-life & the overly dilute nasal spray.

In brief: It's promising

Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Dr. Kevin Nasky

In brief: We don't know

There is ongoing research at yale university that has released some preliminary results showing that brains of the children who receive oxytocin (intranasally) showed activation of areas of the brain responsible for socialization.

In brief: We don't know

Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Shontae Buffington