Are wormwood capsules a safe, alternative medicine?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
In brief: NO!!!
Most herbal medicines are quite safe but wormwood is not one of them! there are several varieties of wormwood, but this usually refers to artemesia absinthium. It has a long history of folk use for treating worms, dyspepsia & fever but it has the potential to cause seizures, hallucinations, kidney failure & miscarriage.
See www.Drugs.Com/npp/wormwood.Html & hit the tap button to see my comment:.

In brief: NO!!!
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
There are many far safer herbs effective in treating intestinal parasites, including wormwood's cousin Artemesia annua, papaya seeds and black walnut hulls. I would not risk the potential toxicity of taking Artemesia absinthium.
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Wormwood
Also called green ginger, is found in mint tea in morocco.
It has been used as antiseptic, antispasmodic, & antibacterial agent. As far as capsule forms, i cannot say for sure if the content is pure or what the constituents or additives are.

In brief: Wormwood
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Vicken Poochikian