Is chronic anxiety purely caused by a lack of serotonin, or is it complicated and more complicated?

Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Humans are complicat
We humans are complicated.
Certainly serotonin is a factor. There are so many more multi-layered causative agents to be considered. Brain chemistry is incredibly complex, and is well understood, but so much more is not known. The complexity of human emotion cannot be reduced to a simple answer. Personally i believe it is more complicated than the most gifted therapist can articulate.

In brief: Humans are complicat
We humans are complicated.
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Wholeheartedly agreeing with Dr. Schleimer!
Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: More complicated
If chronic anxiety were related only to fluctuations of serotonin, the drugs we have that regulate that should have completely cured the problem by now, no? Anxiety is a multi-determined experience -- meaning many factors, some yet to be discovered, contribute to it.
I tend to feel humans are much richer and deeper than their brain chemistry alone, which to me is more a blessing than a curse.

In brief: More complicated
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Ernie Ordonez
Bariatrics
In brief: Yes and more
Lack of serotonin, Dopamine and endorphine.
It is not complicated at all.

In brief: Yes and more
It is not complicated at all.
Dr. Ernie Ordonez
Dr. Ernie Ordonez
Dr. David Schleimer
Not only does the etiology of the suffering seem complex, the pharmo-psychological aspects (individuals biochemistry as well as therapeutic pathways) seem complex as well, but this is not my specialty.
Dr. Eric Weisman