Is an adjustment disorder with depressed mood considered a medical disability?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Not likely

I agree with my colleague that "disablity" depends on what the condition does in the person's life.
Adjustment disorders come in response to a stressor, and usually last no longer than 6 months (unless a very chronic, ongoing stressor). With help, the person is usually able to deal with the stressor so that it no longer dominates life -- and life can move on, along with fruitful occupation.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Not necessairily.

A diagnosis by itself is not considered disabling.
It depends upon what the diagnosis is causing in the persons life that determines whether it is disabling or not.

In brief: Not necessairily.

Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Dr. Herbert Duvivier
Dr. Eric Weisman