I like my steak medium rare. Am I putting myself in danger by eating undercooked beef?

Dr. Howard Hack

In brief: Maybe

The better steak is cooked, the less likely any infection would survive preparation.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Howard Hack
Dr. Howard Hack
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Oh come on...... Eat it the way you want to eat it. Raw (ie steak tartar) is to be avoided in pregnancy, as raw meat can carry toxoplasma.
Dr. Joel Gallant
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Steak OK

The danger (mainly from e.
Coli) is related to the number of different cows in your meat. So if you're eating a steak, the danger is low, but a hamburger can contain the meat of hundreds of cows, any one of which may have the bacteria. You can reduce your risk by having the butcher grind a piece of meat for you.

In brief: Steak OK

The danger (mainly from e.
Dr. Joel Gallant
Dr. Joel Gallant
Dr. Peter Kurzweil