At what age can a psychiatrist tell that a child has bi-polar?

Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Bipolar
As early as age 3.
With careful assessment and observation, we can differentiate from hyperactivity or mood disorders. Also, strong family history of bipolar is suggestive.

In brief: Bipolar
As early as age 3.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: I am aware of
One child that was diagnosed at age 2 years old.
I would advise that bipolar disorder in young children can look quite different then bipolar disorder that begins in teens or adulthood. The diagnosis can be very difficult to make. I would encourage evaluation by a child psychiatrist or child psychologist in this situation. It sometimes take years to get the correct the diagnosis.

In brief: I am aware of
Dr. Jonathan Jassey