What is the difference between having bipolar disorder and having bipolar depression?

In brief: None

Having bipolar disorder implies that you have two (bi) poles of the disorder which include depression and mania or hypo mania which is a milder form of mania.
Bipolar depression only signifies which pole is predominant during that episode of the disorder.

In brief: None

Dr. Bernadette Onuoha
Dr. Bernadette Onuoha
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Bipolar

Bipolar disorder is the more accurate term, and actual diagnosis.
Bipolar I and bipolar II, In the first, manic phases are more severe, and in the second, depressive phases are more severe. There is also cyclothymia which is a low grade version of bipolar disorder in general, where mood swings are not as severe in either direction, manic or depressive.

In brief: Bipolar

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Bipolar

Bipolar depression is a type of bipolar disorder when pt.
Is in phase of depression.

In brief: Bipolar

Is in phase of depression.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali