How many people with bipolar / manic-depression are staying up all night?

In brief: Very common
As colleagues have noted, insomnia occurs commonly in acute manic and depressive phases.
Perhaps the phrase "staying up all night" suggests the manic phase, when the sleeplessness is not experienced as distressing, but exhilarating.

In brief: Very common
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Bipolar
Untreated or inadequately treated, insomnia is common in manic or depressed phases.

In brief: Bipolar
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Manic
When someone with unmedicated, severe bipolar I disorder is manic, literally they can be awake for days, especially if drugs or alcohol are used to extend and accentuate the mania.
This is followed by a crash, with sleep lasting also for many hours.

In brief: Manic
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Eric Weisman